How Do I Register?
There are four ways to register for most Park District Programs listed in the brochure:
Northfield Community Center
|Fax your completed
registration form with charge card info to
|Email your completed
registration form with charge card info to us,
|Use our convenient online registration system.|
Drop Off Hours
|Mon-Fri, 6:00AM - 9:00PM||
Sat, 8:00AM - 6:00PM
Sun, 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Please be sure to sign up at least seven days prior to the start of any program. Registrants will be charged the full program registration fee up to the start of the third class. No proration will occur. After the third meeting of a class, no registrations will be accepted. Last minute sign-ups make it hard for us to plan for activities and can cause programs to be cancelled. After you register, the registrar will mail you a receipt, which will serve as your class confirmation. The Northfield Park District reserves the right to require proof of residency, age or family relationship if a question exists to the factuality of the same.
Forms of Payment
The Northfield Park District accepts cash, checks, Mastercard, Visa and Discover card. If paying by check, the checks should be made payable to Northfield Park District. A $20 processing fee is charged for returned checks.
Registrants will receive an e-mail confirmation as soon as they have been placed in a program. The confirmation notice does not guarantee enrollment if the class does not meet the minimum and is cancelled. In the event your class is cancelled, you will be notified.
Register early for programs! Some classes fill up very quickly. If you wait too long to register, it might be too late. Unfortunately, in some circumstances, we have no choice but to cancel a class if the minimum number of participants has not enrolled prior to start date.
- In order to receive a refund, contact the registrar.
- A $10 service charge per program will be charged if a refund request is made to the Park District at least 5 days prior to the start date of the program.
- A $20 service charge per program will be charged if a refund request is made to the Park District less than 5 days prior to the start date of the program.
- No refunds will be approved after the second class meeting except for medical purposes or change in residence (proof required) and there will be a prorated refund based upon the number of class meetings.
- In the event that a Park District is cancelled due to lack of enrollment or a time or date change is made to the class schedule, a full refund will be issued.
We do our best to issue refunds as soon as possible, but sometimes delays are necessary to ensure accuracy. Refunds by check take approximately two weeks. A credit to your charge card takes six to eight weeks to appear on your statement.
The above policy applies to recreation classes only. This policy does not apply to memberships, special events, rentals, or camps, which all have their own policy.
The Northfield Park District makes scholarships available for camp and recreation programs throughout the year to those families who find it difficult to register their children for park district programs due to financial constraints. To receive more information or apply for a scholarship, contact Bill Byron, Superintendent of Parks & Recreation at 847-446-4428 or email@example.com