After School Care Leader
The Northfield Park District is seeking qualified, enthusiastic, energetic, fun, and motivated individuals to work in our After School Programs, which are designed to provide a safe recreational experience for children. Position is during the 2020-21 school year and is part-time.
Duties: As an After School Leader you are responsible for…
- Providing and delivering an on-going plan of daily activities for the program that includes, but is not limited to passive play, homework/e-Learning time, free play, and structured organized group games for children K-4th grade.
- Maintain a physical environment that is safe, clean, and conducive to the optimal growth and development of the children in the program.
- Establish and maintain good relations between the school district and the Park District.
- Be supportive of parents, encouraging involvement and open and honest communication while using tact, discretion, and sensitivity.
- Promote and supervise activities which promote the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
- Provide and maintain a neat, organized program area; take responsibility for upkeep of all equipment and materials.
- Closely supervise all activities to insure safety of each child at all times.
- Assist the children in self-care routines.
- Work with all other staff members in a cooperative manner.
- Other daily responsibilities include communicating with parents during drop-off and pick-up, supervising safety and supporting leadership staff with activity planning.
Qualifications: Must be 16 years of age or older. Previous experience working with children or with other recreation programming preferred. Must be able to consistently work after school from 11:30am to 6pm as well as assist with school day off programming. Enrollment in, or completion of, a college degree in education, recreation or related field is highly desirable.
Hours: (Hiring for 5-day Afternoon shifts): 9/1/20 – 6/8/21, M-F from 11:30-6:00pm. Hours may vary based on Northfield School District’s curriculum.
Salary: $15-$20/hour. DOQ.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and efforts of working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change: e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
Address: 401 Wagner Rd. Northfield, IL 60093
Contact: Jim Reuter, Director of Recreation