Summer Camp Counselor
2021 Camp Counselor positions have been filled. Check with NSSRA, our partner agency, for possible openings.
The Northfield Park District is seeking qualified, enthusiastic, energetic, fun, and motivated individuals to work at the front desk of the Northfield Community Center. Position is ongoing, year-round and is part-time.
Duties: As the Opening Building Supervisor you are responsible for…
- Opening and/or Closing the building.
- Representing the Northfield Park District to the best of your ability through customer service and professionalism.
- Establish positive relationships with all patrons.
- Accepting/processing program registrations.
- Setting up/tearing down program/rental setups.
- Handling small money and secretarial work (making copies, flyers, mailings, etc.).
- Laundering Fitness Center towels.
- Cleaning the Community Center, including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, tidying up the restrooms and all other spaces of the Community Center.
- Maintain a physical environment that is safe and clean.
- Establish and maintain good relations between the school district and the Park District.
- Be supportive of parents, encouraging involvement and open and honest communication while using tact, discretion, and sensitivity.
- Work with all other staff members in a cooperative manner.
Qualifications: Must be 16 years of age or older. First Aid/CPR certifications or willing to obtain. Strong Customer Service Skills. Knowledge of Park District Programs and Policies. Strong Decision Making Abilities
Hours: (Hiring for 5-day morning shifts): Monday-Friday from 5:30-10:00am. Hours may vary due to circumstances having to do with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Salary: $11-15/hour. DOQ.
To apply please complete the employment application here and/or submit resume to Jim Reuter at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions can also be directed to Jim.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, and efforts of working conditions associated with this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job when circumstances change: e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, changes in personnel, workload, technological developments, etc.
Address: 401 Wagner Rd. Northfield, IL 60093
Contact: Jim Reuter, Director of Recreation