Fitness Center Open
Use of the Fitness Center is by online reservation only, no walk-ins.
There is a maximum of 8 people in the Fitness Center. Face coverings are required at all times.
Monday-Friday from 6AM-9PM, Saturday and Sunday from 9AM-1PM.
New Operational Procedures/Reservations
- Prior to arriving, Fitness Center members will be required to make an online reservation, no walk-ins permitted
- Each timeslot is 1 hour long with 30 minutes between each for Park District staff to disinfect all the equipment and high-touch areas
- You may reserve up to 2 separate times per day here
- 8 cardio machines are available per hour. Certain machines are closed each hour to facilitate social distancing. You can use any open equipment during your reservation. Please be courteous of other users by utilizing the available sanitizing wipes to clean your equipment before and after each use.
- ALL Fitness Center users, member or not, will be required to have a reservation to enter the Fitness Center. No entry will be granted without a reservation.
- Users can enter the Fitness Center anytime within their reserved time but Park District Staff will be clearing all users out on the hour to be able to clean before the next reservation.
- Please be respectful of the staff and plan to be exiting the Fitness Center on time at the end of your reserved time.
- All Fitness Center users must wear masks upon entry and when interacting with other users/Park District staff.
- Masks are not required during workouts.
- Maximum of 8 people in the Fitness Center at a time.
- Every other cardio machine closed every other hour.
- Showers/restrooms and towels will be available.
- No mats or drinking fountain. The touchless water bottle fill station will be available but not the actual drinking fountain.
- Please bring your own mat and water bottle to fill.
All Fitness Center memberships have been frozen since March 13th when we originally closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and will remain frozen through Sunday, November 15, 2020. Between now and November 15th, each member will have the option to keep their membership frozen until mid-November or reactivate it at any time. Your membership will stay frozen unless you email Jim Reuter, Director of Recreation, at firstname.lastname@example.org to reactivate.
Current Northfield Fitness Center Members with ACTIVE membership: $0 (pre-registration still required)
Current Northfield Fitness Center Members with FROZEN membership: $8/hour
Non-member Northfield residents: $10/hour
Non-member Non-residents: $15/hour
Memberships are available for one year, six or three months with no initiation fee.