Northfield Park District COVID-19 Updates
We appreciate your compliance with safety guidelines and procedures when visiting our parks and facilities.
May 25, 2021
Following the latest guidance from the CDC and the State of Illinois, face coverings are now optional for fully vaccinated people using all Northfield Park District parks, facilities and amenities, including the fitness center. Patrons wishing to wear face coverings are welcome to do so, regardless of their vaccination status.
Patrons and participants who are not fully vaccinated still need to wear a face covering inside all facilities as well as outside when 6ft of social distance cannot be achieved. Staff working with unvaccinated children are still required to wear a mask while indoors.
By visiting facilities, participating in programs and using amenities without a face covering, users are verifying truthfully that they have been fully vaccinated. A fully vaccinated individual is someone who is two weeks past their second dose of a two-dose vaccination series, or two weeks past a single-dose vaccine. We will be abiding by the honor system and ask for guests' responsible and respectful cooperation.
November 20, 2020
The Governor announced that the entire state has entered Tier 3 Mitigations on Friday, November 20.
Northfield Fitness Center
• The Fitness Center continues to operate by online reservation only for members and non-members
• 8 people per time slot
• Face coverings are required at all times
July 6, 2020
Fitness Center reopens on July 6! Use of the Fitness Center is by online reservation only, no walk-ins.
Prior to arriving, Fitness Center users, members and non-members, will be required to make an online reservation for a specific time.
• Each timeslot is 1 hour long with 30 minutes between each timeslot for Park District staff to disinfect all the equipment and high-touch areas.
• Users may reserve up to 2 separate times per day here
• There is a maximum of 8 people in the Fitness Center
Monday-Friday from 6AM-9PM, Saturday and Sunday from 9AM-1PM.
June 27, 2020
The Clarkson Park playground is opening today, June 27, following an announcement late yesterday by the State of Illinois allowing playgrounds to reopen.
Please follow these important guidelines to ensure that we all stay safe and healthy and so that our playgrounds can continue to stay open.
• Playground capacity is 50 patrons.
• Use hand sanitizer before and after playground use. Playground will not be sanitized.
• Individuals should follow social distancing guidance and all other applicable IDPH guidance
• Wear a face covering when unable to maintain social distance
• A reminder: do not visit parks, use the playground or other park district facilities if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
May 20, 2020
Outdoor tennis and courts at Willow Park are now open for SINGLES play only. Please read the COVID-19 safety rules and guidelines prior to playing.
March 23, 2020
THE NORTHFIELD PARK DISTRICT IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS.
The Northfield Community Center remains closed and, per Illinois Executive Order 2020-10, all district playgrounds are closed to public use until further notice. Pickleball and tennis courts are also closed.
4th of July celebration has been cancelled
Market & Music has been cancelled
Help Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus COVID-19
We urge you to follow the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommendations to prevent the spread of illness.
For information and recommendations, visit: