Northfield Park District COVID-19 Updates
The Northfield Park District continues to follow the guidelines and mandates of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH). We appreciate your compliance with safety guidelines and procedures when visiting our parks and facilities.
December 31, 2021
Today Cook County Department of Public Health* is clarifying Mitigation Order 2021-11 to specify what will be allowed in youth athletics. CCDPH is acting in alignment with the Chicago Department of Public Health to have a consistent policy across Cook County and in response to requests for clarification related to youth athletics and recreation. CCDPH will continue to evaluate emerging science along with the impact of its orders and guidance and make necessary adjustments as needed.
The clarifying language states that the following are exempt from the order:
- An individual 18 years of age or younger who enters a business subject to this Order to participate in an activity sponsored by a school, park district, child care or after-school program, or other organizations as defined in guidance by the Cook County Department of Public Health
- Youth or adults participating in special recreation programs
- Spectators of indoor sporting events provided that no food or drink is being served and that they remain masked at all time
Masking requirements are still in place in these facilities. Other fitness facilities in these buildings, such as fitness centers for individual workouts or group classes for adults are still covered under the masking and vaccination orders.
An updated order and guidance will be issued and effective Monday, January 3, 2022.
December 23, 2021
On December 23, 2021, the Cook County Department of Public Health issued new mitigation orders in response to the current surge of Covid-19 cases in suburban Cook County. Effective January 3, 2022, the Northfield Park District will be subject to the Cook County Department of Public Health Mitigation Order 2021-11 at the Northfield Community Center.
This order requires guests to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. In addition, anyone age 16 and older must show identification (driver’s license, passport, government ID, work or school ID) that corresponds to the vaccination proof.
Northfield Fitness Center Members will need to show proof of vaccination one time and the information will be stored in their household account. Northfield Community Center Daily Guests will need to show proof of vaccination upon visiting.
Proof of vaccination can be shown in the following ways:
- A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card
- Immunization record from the state where the vaccination occurred
- An ‘app’ that provides a digital record of vaccinations
- A digital or physical photo of such a card or record that includes the individual’s name, the vaccine administered and vaccination date
August 23, 2021
The Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH) issued a new Mask Mandate for Cook County that goes into effect on Monday, August 23. The mandate requires masks to be worn in all indoor facilities by both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. Therefore, masks will be required in all Northfield Park District indoor facilities and amenities, including the fitness center beginning August 23.
The CCDPH mandate includes the following information:
- Any individual aged two and older and able to medically tolerate a mask shall be required to wear a mask when indoors in a public place, regardless of vaccination status.
- For the purposes of this Order, indoor public spaces include any common or shared space in: (1) a residential multi-unit building or (2) any non-residential building, including but not limited to retail stores, restaurants, bars/taverns, health and fitness clubs, museums, hotels, personal services, performance venues, movie theaters, commercial buildings, event venues, healthcare settings, congregate facilities, on public transportation and in transportation hubs.
- Mask refers to a complete and tight knit fabric or cloth, or medical mask that is appropriately sized for the individual’s face to snuggly cover the nasal openings and mouth without the necessity of being held in place by the individual’s hands.
Help Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus COVID-19
We urge you to follow the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommendations to prevent the spread of illness.
For information and recommendations, visit: