Pickleball & Tennis Courts
Outdoor Pickleball and Tennis Court Information
Continue to follow CDC and IDPH guidelines.Please read the following rules & guidelines before playing and adhere to them.
NORTHFIELD PARK DISTRICT COVID-19 COURT RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Playing singles on all outdoor pickleball and tennis courts is preferred, but not required.
- Be vigilant in preventing the spread of the virus by practicing good hygiene as recommended by CDC Guidelines.
- Stay home if you feel sick or are experiencing any symptoms as listed by the CDC Guidelines.
- Do not enter the courts if you have any symptoms or exposure risks as listed by the CDC guidelines.
- Remain outside of the fence while waiting for a court.
- Before, during and after play, players must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from other people.
- Bring different numbered/marked balls for each player and handle only your ball when serving.
- If the other player’s ball ends up on your side of the court, use your racquet or foot to return the ball to the other player. Avoid using hands to pick up balls.
- Refrain from handling the nets or other court apparatus.
- Players are encouraged to bring and use hand sanitizer.
- Players are encouraged to place their personal items (backpacks, water bottles, etc.) at a safe distance (6 feet) from other player items to avoid any surface contact.
- Recognize that others may be waiting for an opportunity to play and limit your court time to 1 hour or less.
- Bring your own water – DRINKING FOUNTAINS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
- No other activities or gatherings are permitted within the fenced court enclosure.
The Northfield Park District reserves the right to close the courts at any time.