Northfield Park District COVID-19 Update
We appreciate your compliance with safety guidelines and procedures when visiting our parks and facilities.
Novenber 20, 2020
The Governor announced that the entire state has entered Tier 3 Mitigations on Friday, November 20.
Northfield Fitness Center
• The Fitness Center continues to operate by online reservation only for members and non-members
• 8 people per time slot
• Face coverings are required at all times
July 6, 2020
Fitness Center reopens on July 6! Use of the Fitness Center is by online reservation only, no walk-ins.
Prior to arriving, Fitness Center users, members and non-members, will be required to make an online reservation for a specific time.
• Each timeslot is 1 hour long with 30 minutes between each timeslot for Park District staff to disinfect all the equipment and high-touch areas.
• Users may reserve up to 2 separate times per day here
• There is a maximum of 8 people in the Fitness Center
Monday-Friday from 6AM-9PM, Saturday and Sunday from 9AM-1PM.
June 27, 2020
The Clarkson Park playground is opening today, June 27, following an announcement late yesterday by the State of Illinois allowing playgrounds to reopen.
Please follow these important guidelines to ensure that we all stay safe and healthy and so that our playgrounds can continue to stay open.
• Playground capacity is 50 patrons.
• Use hand sanitizer before and after playground use. Playground will not be sanitized.
• Individuals should follow social distancing guidance and all other applicable IDPH guidance
• Wear a face covering when unable to maintain social distance
• A reminder: do not visit parks, use the playground or other park district facilities if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
May 20, 2020
Outdoor tennis and courts at Willow Park are now open for SINGLES play only. Please read the COVID-19 safety rules and guidelines prior to playing.
March 23, 2020
THE NORTHFIELD PARK DISTRICT IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS.
The Northfield Community Center remains closed and, per Illinois Executive Order 2020-10, all district playgrounds are closed to public use until further notice. Pickleball and tennis courts are also closed.
4th of July celebration has been cancelled
Market & Music has been cancelled
Help Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus COVID-19
We urge you to follow the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommendations to prevent the spread of illness.
For information and recommendations, visit: